phpbb-auction.com Forum Index phpbb-auction.com
Download, Support, Documentation
 
Donate to phpbb-auction.com to support the project


phpbb-Auction
  Home
   - News
   - Bug report/Patches
   - Future Features
  Demo
  Downloads
   - Version 1.3m  (Core /Lang /Mods)
   - Version 1.2m  (Core /Lang /Mods)
   - Version 1.0m  (Core /Lang /Mods)
   - All
  Services
  Documentation
   - Features
   - Documents
   - How-Tos
   - About
  Support
   - English
   - German
  Development
   - Changlog
   - Requests
   - Team
   - CVS
  Community
   - Website of the Month
   - Websites
   - Community Forum
   - Member

Navigation
FAQFAQ
SearchSearch
UsergroupsUsergroups
RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages
Log inLog in

Forum
Changing start time auctions
Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:33 am FR
Easy: what code to use to update sql table?
Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:39 am guyb
Unlimited products(downloads)
Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:09 pm hoimyr
Seller chooses currency
Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:00 pm hoimyr
Cant select end date without getting error
Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:43 pm hoimyr

About
Author: FR
Credits:
Brookfresh, Brad Lawryk, Crogon, DaMysterious, EklipzeDesigns, ML, musashi, phpBB Group, phpBB-Auction-Team, php-styles, sanman, Tel, Vampy, wGEric

Supported Sites





Statistics
User: 17470
Posts: 18401
Latest User: margaretlc2

add comments

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    phpbb-auction.com Forum Index -> Development
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Kiss News
Super Auctioneer
Super Auctioneer


Joined: 15 Jul 2004
Posts: 232

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 3:59 pm    Post subject: add comments Reply with quote

something I have noticed... not a bug, but a dispalying issue:

as an admin I see the box for adding comments in every auction.
when I put thext in the box and hit the submit-button it says: you don't have the rights to make a comment. Obviously, because it is not my auction.

In other words: the comments box should not appear, when you don't have the rights for it...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FR
Site Admin
Site Admin


Joined: 26 Jan 2004
Posts: 1764
Location: root directory

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

should admins always have the right to post a comment ?

or do we want to hide the box ?
_________________
Want to say thank you. Use my Amazon Wishlist
Meet the world on movie-on.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Kiss News
Super Auctioneer
Super Auctioneer


Joined: 15 Jul 2004
Posts: 232

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2005 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

good question... what about set yes/no in ACP Laughing
but actually same could go for normal users...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
burnthome
Small-Cap Auctioneer
Small-Cap Auctioneer


Joined: 18 Aug 2004
Posts: 20

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think admin should have the right to add comments on it...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Denis
Small-Cap Auctioneer
Small-Cap Auctioneer


Joined: 07 Jan 2005
Posts: 34

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

burnthome wrote:
i think admin should have the right to add comments on it...


I agree! Will be good also if the admin EDIT comments/offers. Smile
_________________
ForumsInfo.com - The LARGEST FORUMS Directory
ForumsInfo.Net - Forum about the Forums
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Kiss News
Super Auctioneer
Super Auctioneer


Joined: 15 Jul 2004
Posts: 232

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe admins should also be allowed to change things like title and postage...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FR
Site Admin
Site Admin


Joined: 26 Jan 2004
Posts: 1764
Location: root directory

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiss News wrote:
maybe admins should also be allowed to change things like title and postage...


looks like a big request. edit auctions + permission-system-extension.
_________________
Want to say thank you. Use my Amazon Wishlist
Meet the world on movie-on.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Denis
Small-Cap Auctioneer
Small-Cap Auctioneer


Joined: 07 Jan 2005
Posts: 34

PostPosted: Mon Jan 10, 2005 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FR wrote:
Kiss News wrote:
maybe admins should also be allowed to change things like title and postage...


looks like a big request. edit auctions + permission-system-extension.


As more you give us, as more we will want! Twisted Evil Rolling Eyes

Just kidding! Wink
_________________
ForumsInfo.com - The LARGEST FORUMS Directory
ForumsInfo.Net - Forum about the Forums
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Crogon
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 17 May 2004
Posts: 574
Location: Anywhere I'm needed.. which is usually everywhere. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FR wrote:
looks like a big request. edit auctions + permission-system-extension.


I think this is FR's subtle way of suggesting that someone submit a request for it. Wink
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kiss News
Super Auctioneer
Super Auctioneer


Joined: 15 Jul 2004
Posts: 232

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

but honestly for me it is not something important, for me other things are much more important like sniper and anti sniper feature, reverse auction, buy now feature to work perfect, etc...

but at least the box should not show up, if you are not allowed to post anything, this should be a minor change, which can be quickly done.

But I also see no reason, why changing the auction title should not be allowed. if a seller makes a spelling mistake when starting the auction, his auction can not be found and he cannot change the title...

But I do understand, that the text or postage can not be changed during the auction, this can be used to fake otherwise...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Crogon
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 17 May 2004
Posts: 574
Location: Anywhere I'm needed.. which is usually everywhere. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The end user should not be allowed to change the information once the auction starts. This is because whenever you let people do that, some jerk will come along and change the auction after people have placed bids.

An example of a title scam would be:
'67 Ford Mustang convertible, MINT condition.

So the seller gets a bid of 42,000 then chenges the title to read:
'83 Honda Civic, PARTS ONLY.

The body could have a bunch of non-sense about clean interior, am/fm radio... bla bla bla. I know this is a bit extreme, but you get the point. Wink

There are two ways of dealing with it.

1) Seller can make changes to the original content for the first five minutes.

2) Better yet, seller is asked to verify content before it is submitted. If the seller doesn't correct any mistakes, he can't say he didn't have the chance to. Wink

The Admin should be able to change things at any time (let alone add comments). Suppose someone posts an auction for 'K1DD1E Pron'. On your auction site. The first thing you're going to want to do is report them to Interpol or net-police. The second thing is take a screenshot of the original auction and change it to something harmless like 'Auction terminated by Admin'.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Denis
Small-Cap Auctioneer
Small-Cap Auctioneer


Joined: 07 Jan 2005
Posts: 34

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crogon wrote:
The end user should not be allowed to change the information once the auction starts. This is because whenever you let people do that, some jerk will come along and change the auction after people have placed bids.

An example of a title scam would be:
'67 Ford Mustang convertible, MINT condition.

So the seller gets a bid of 42,000 then chenges the title to read:
'83 Honda Civic, PARTS ONLY.

The body could have a bunch of non-sense about clean interior, am/fm radio... bla bla bla. I know this is a bit extreme, but you get the point. Wink

There are two ways of dealing with it.

1) Seller can make changes to the original content for the first five minutes.

2) Better yet, seller is asked to verify content before it is submitted. If the seller doesn't correct any mistakes, he can't say he didn't have the chance to. Wink

The Admin should be able to change things at any time (let alone add comments). Suppose someone posts an auction for 'K1DD1E Pron'. On your auction site. The first thing you're going to want to do is report them to Interpol or net-police. The second thing is take a screenshot of the original auction and change it to something harmless like 'Auction terminated by Admin'.


I agree with you, Crogon!
In this case "PREVIEW" function would be enough (at least). Smile
_________________
ForumsInfo.com - The LARGEST FORUMS Directory
ForumsInfo.Net - Forum about the Forums
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    phpbb-auction.com Forum Index -> Development All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


phpbb-auction.com - Developed by www.digital-media-lab.com
Sponsored by: www.globibo.com - www.learn2go.de - www.talentone.org - www.language-school.in - www.ping-ke.cn