FAQFAQ
SearchSearch
UsergroupsUsergroups
RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile

Forum
Changing start time auctions
Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:33 am FR
Easy: what code to use to update sql table?
Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:39 am guyb
Unlimited products(downloads)
Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:09 pm hoimyr
Seller chooses currency
Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:00 pm hoimyr
Cant select end date without getting error
Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:43 pm hoimyr

About
Author: FR
Credits:
Brookfresh, Brad Lawryk, Crogon, DaMysterious, EklipzeDesigns, ML, musashi, phpBB Group, phpBB-Auction-Team, php-styles, sanman, Tel, Vampy, wGEric

Supported Sites

Statistics
User: 18058
Latest User: BardykGyday

Messaging within member's account area

Post new topic   Reply to topic    phpbb-auction.com Forum Index -> Feature Request
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Messaging within member's account area
YES
100%
 100%  [ 1 ]
no
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

bychance
Small-Cap Auctioneer
Small-Cap Auctioneer

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 8:57 pm    Post subject: Messaging within member's account area Reply with quote

Hello everyone,

I read all the polls but I don't think I noticed this poll. I wanted to know if messages or questions (ask the seller or buyer) could be sent securely through the member's area as apposed to having their link with an email. This would help with Spam.

For instance, if a buyer wants to ask a question he can login first and email directly through his account area. And, also, he would receive his replies in his account.

Additionally, it would be nice for a member to receive messages from admin throught this area also.

This way, it confines the messages within the system of the accounts and admin's area without separate emails going to and from the buyer and seller. I feel it could stop bad people and lessen spam. Spoof emails would be lessened and possibly hackers from causing chaos. There would not be any question that this was a legitamate message from either admin or another buyer. I hope I've said all of this correctly.

Just like eBay kind of. They have messaging within the member's account area. The reason was for admin to send sales, announcement updates and so on. It was also to combat Spoof emails that were sooo prevalent.

FR ... THANK You

Sandy
madmacsen
Small-Cap Auctioneer
Small-Cap Auctioneer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you clarify what you mean by the "account area"? Do you mean "My Auctions"?

Currently, "ask the seller" questions can be sent by either PM or email from the individual offer pages. (The email address can be hidden by phpbb configuration so spam shouldn't be an issue.)

I may be misunderstanding what you're asking, but it looks like those features already exist or are you just looking to have them show up under "My Auctions" as well?

Cool
Crogon

Location: Anywhere I'm needed.. which is usually everywhere. ;)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Sandy, but if you are asking what I think you are asking, there is no way on god's green earth anyone would ever implement it.

The entire reason we have a hard time getting hosts to enable the email function on their servers is that it is quite easy to 'hack' it and send out THOUSANDS of spam messages to / from whatever the spammer wants it to say. Allowing users to send email would basically provide them the same capabiity. Say a forums' Administrator approves someones account, and the next thing you know they have a script set up to push out email after email after email.. until word eventually got back to the host that their server was compromised somehow.. then your host shuts you down and tells you where to shove it. All very very bad things. Confused

However, on the bright side, I don't see any problem with implementing this to PM other users. That's the whole point of being able to enable personal message notification by email. At that point, even if someone does PM 5000 users, the Administrator can ban them, their IP address, mac address, whatever info they can get on the user, and be done with it. This keeps the host out of the loop, and us out of trouble. Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic    phpbb-auction.com Forum Index -> Feature Request All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: