FAQFAQ
SearchSearch
UsergroupsUsergroups
RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile

Forum
Changing start time auctions
Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:33 am FR
Easy: what code to use to update sql table?
Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:39 am guyb
Unlimited products(downloads)
Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:09 pm hoimyr
Seller chooses currency
Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:00 pm hoimyr
Cant select end date without getting error
Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:43 pm hoimyr

About
Author: FR
Credits:
Brookfresh, Brad Lawryk, Crogon, DaMysterious, EklipzeDesigns, ML, musashi, phpBB Group, phpBB-Auction-Team, php-styles, sanman, Tel, Vampy, wGEric

Supported Sites

Statistics
User: 17722
Latest User: ellenjr18

Auction at OpenOutsource

View previous topic :: View next topic  
OpenOutsource
Small-Cap Auctioneer
Small-Cap Auctioneer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2004 5:02 am    Post subject: Auction at OpenOutsource Reply with quote

Hacked it a bit (still not finished/bugs) to get it to run on PostNuke and PNphpBB2.
I am not an expert with these packages but will certainly pass on any source if you need it.

It fits in quite well with the theme of the site and could be a great vehicle for experimenting with 'service' or 'project' auctions.

Please let us know if you set up a service auction and we will add you into the service auction list on site.

If you are interested in outsourcing and freelancing, you are welcome to join in Very Happy

See it at OpenOutsource at http://www.openoutsource.com/outsource-forums-auction-.phtml.
Johnbouy
Small-Cap Auctioneer
Small-Cap Auctioneer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 6:52 pm    Post subject: Nice setup- did you get the image issue fixed? Reply with quote

I am looking for the image upload fix for the postnuke/phpbb2/auction myself.

TY in advance,

John
Crogon

Location: Anywhere I'm needed.. which is usually everywhere. ;)

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Excellent!!! People have been requesting PostNuke solutions for this almost since day one. PM FR and ask him to post an announcement about this, this is big news! Very Happy

Kudos, congradulations, and way to go! Cool

One word of caution, since security is a HUGE issue with any auction or eCommerce system, you should either:

a) Designate someone to check this sites' bug forum on occasion to ensure that we haven't released a bug fix for a newly discovered security bug. Perhaps you could talk FR into setting up some sort of feed for the bug forum. Smile

b) Warn people that they need to check back here themselves for security bugs on occasion.

I am being overly-cautious, I don't fore-see anything like this happening, but if people aren't aware of it, they could be blindsided down the road if a security bug shows up. Shocked

If you don't do one of the two, you guys could be liable in some way or some how for a security bug. If it were me, I would even go so far as making people agree to it before they can download your core. Of course you could just put in your FAQ that you are in no way responsible for bugs which develop at a later date. Laughing

Lastly, might I advise an upgrade method, as opposed to a core, at least for YOU to use. When we release new versions, they are major releases with new features, and I doubt if you guys want to re-code the whole thing everytime there is a new release. Surprised

You should have 30 some people using this to start with from this board. If FR will make an announcement, and people check back here. There have been a steady stream of requests for this since the system was released. Smile
FR
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the nuke version is on my list.. Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Johnbouy
Small-Cap Auctioneer
Small-Cap Auctioneer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:43 pm    Post subject: Great Thread to keep up Reply with quote

I currently have the pnphpbb2/auction up on my soon-to-debut site and seems all is working great. My only problem is the auction ad images not working. Some kind person in the below link has compiled the PN/auction package

http://forums.postnuke.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=36366&highlight=auction

All seems to be working fine, but one caveat- i have not gottem to the point of trial runs on the site yet.

The image issue is a known problem according to this packaged install it seems.

Hope that helps and look forward ot the image fix!

John
Post new topic   Reply to topic    phpbb-auction.com Forum Index -> Community All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: