phpbb-auction.com Forum Index phpbb-auction.com
Download, Support, Documentation
 
Donate to phpbb-auction.com to support the project


phpbb-Auction
  Home
   - News
   - Bug report/Patches
   - Future Features
  Demo
  Downloads
   - Version 1.3m  (Core /Lang /Mods)
   - Version 1.2m  (Core /Lang /Mods)
   - Version 1.0m  (Core /Lang /Mods)
   - All
  Services
  Documentation
   - Features
   - Documents
   - How-Tos
   - About
  Support
   - English
   - German
  Development
   - Changlog
   - Requests
   - Team
   - CVS
  Community
   - Website of the Month
   - Websites
   - Community Forum
   - Member

Navigation
FAQFAQ
SearchSearch
UsergroupsUsergroups
RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile
Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages
Log inLog in

Forum
Changing start time auctions
Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:33 am FR
Easy: what code to use to update sql table?
Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:39 am guyb
Unlimited products(downloads)
Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:09 pm hoimyr
Seller chooses currency
Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:00 pm hoimyr
Cant select end date without getting error
Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:43 pm hoimyr

About
Author: FR
Credits:
Brookfresh, Brad Lawryk, Crogon, DaMysterious, EklipzeDesigns, ML, musashi, phpBB Group, phpBB-Auction-Team, php-styles, sanman, Tel, Vampy, wGEric

Supported Sites





Statistics
User: 18058
Posts: 18401
Latest User: BardykGyday

Where do you ship to?

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    phpbb-auction.com Forum Index -> Feature Request
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Do you want a 'Where do you ship to?' option
Yes, I do
100%
 100%  [ 3 ]
No, I don't
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 3

Author Message
Tel
Small-Cap Auctioneer
Small-Cap Auctioneer


Joined: 16 Feb 2004
Posts: 32
Location: UK

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2004 9:42 pm    Post subject: Where do you ship to? Reply with quote

How about having tick boxes when you submit an auction, so you can say where you will ship the item to?

For Example:

Asia
Europe
UK
US
World
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Crogon
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 17 May 2004
Posts: 574
Location: Anywhere I'm needed.. which is usually everywhere. ;)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDIT: I've been up for two days, Tel makes a good point in his next post, read that. Wink

Last edited by Crogon on Sat Aug 28, 2004 4:19 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Tel
Small-Cap Auctioneer
Small-Cap Auctioneer


Joined: 16 Feb 2004
Posts: 32
Location: UK

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I live in the UK and some items I will ship abroad and some I won't, dragging my location from the database will not work, it will only tell the buyer where I'm from, not what countries I ship to. Not everyone fills in that field anyway.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
frold
Super Auctioneer
Super Auctioneer


Joined: 16 Feb 2004
Posts: 225

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tel wrote:
I live in the UK and some items I will ship abroad and some I won't, dragging my location from the database will not work, it will only tell the buyer where I'm from, not what countries I ship to. Not everyone fills in that field anyway.


you got a point there....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Crogon
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 17 May 2004
Posts: 574
Location: Anywhere I'm needed.. which is usually everywhere. ;)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Well... Then I suppose we will need to see how the community votes on it. ^^ What do ebay and those guys do to handle it? Do they have a seperate field, or is it up to the seller to include that in the body of the description? Not that we can't add it anyway, who says ebay did it right in the first place. Razz

Even if it's not implemented as a change, I think this would make a very nice mod. Very Happy This would make a very nice bonus feature, if not a totally necessary one. Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
frold
Super Auctioneer
Super Auctioneer


Joined: 16 Feb 2004
Posts: 225

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crogon wrote:
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Well... Then I suppose we will need to see how the community votes on it. ^^ What do ebay and those guys do to handle it? Do they have a seperate field, or is it up to the seller to include that in the body of the description? Not that we can't add it anyway, who says ebay did it right in the first place. Razz

Even if it's not implemented as a change, I think this would make a very nice mod. Very Happy This would make a very nice bonus feature, if not a totally necessary one. Smile


then go vote for it baby!!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Crogon
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 17 May 2004
Posts: 574
Location: Anywhere I'm needed.. which is usually everywhere. ;)

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Frold - I will need to consult with FR about whether or not we would consider a mass of responses with absolutelly no content as spamming the forum.

I can tell you one thing though. I have been trying to get through the entire board for 7 hours now. Normally I can moderate the entire board in under an hour. Don't you have anything else to do??? Kindly stop responding for about a half hour so I can at least finish moderating the board while it's still daylight here.

FR can determine later whether or not it's spamming.

tyvm. Rolling Eyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
frold
Super Auctioneer
Super Auctioneer


Joined: 16 Feb 2004
Posts: 225

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crogon wrote:
Frold - I will need to consult with FR about whether or not we would consider a mass of responses with absolutelly no content as spamming the forum.



I do not understand you - once again - I have spend hours with mod and just try to give something back - but from nowon I will keep the changes I do and the mods I develope for my self...

This is the 3. post in row where I feel humilated....

see this: http://www.phpbb-auction.com/viewtopic.php?t=564&highlight=
and this: http://www.phpbb-auction.com/viewtopic.php?t=577&highlight=

You are a moderator of this forum - but kindness is not the reason why you are that....
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
frold
Super Auctioneer
Super Auctioneer


Joined: 16 Feb 2004
Posts: 225

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

frold wrote:
Crogon wrote:
Frold - I will need to consult with FR about whether or not we would consider a mass of responses with absolutelly no content as spamming the forum.



I do not understand you - once again - I have spend hours with mod and just try to give something back - but from nowon I will keep the changes I do and the mods I develope for my self...

This is the 3. post in row where I feel humilated....

see this: http://www.phpbb-auction.com/viewtopic.php?t=564&highlight=
and this: http://www.phpbb-auction.com/viewtopic.php?t=577&highlight=

You are a moderator of this forum - but kindness is not the reason why you are that....


msg's like this warm Very Happy

Quote:
Hi, I am new to this site, but have already appreciated your input. I agree that you have been treated rudely by Crogon, but it seems FR has not been treating you so unkindly.

I hope you stick around, I know for me I have appreciated your coding insights and think it will make for a better mod!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Crogon
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 17 May 2004
Posts: 574
Location: Anywhere I'm needed.. which is usually everywhere. ;)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="frold"]
frold wrote:
I do not understand you - once again - I have spend hours with mod and just try to give something back - but from nowon I will keep the changes I do and the mods I develope for my self...


I am very very sorry that I made you feel this way. You have amassed a very large number of posts in just a few days. This is not an issue as long as the majority of those posts have a point, but when they are mostly 'fluff' it serves no purpose but to clog up the forum and make it take longer for people to find the information they need.

I am trying to gently guide you in the 3 posts mentioned. The reason I post the information publicly is so that other people who read it understand how we want the forum structured. This serves to instruct other people at the same time as the person I am helping at the time. This is a much more effective way of doing things. I hope when you look at it in this light, you will no longer feel humiliated.

It would certainly be a shame to lose a talented coder due to some petty squabbling. Crying or Very sad
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
frold
Super Auctioneer
Super Auctioneer


Joined: 16 Feb 2004
Posts: 225

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crogon wrote:

You have amassed a very large number of posts in just a few days.


This is the first time I see a forum where they donĀ“t want you to post... You are crazy man... Rolling Eyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FR
Site Admin
Site Admin


Joined: 26 Jan 2004
Posts: 1764
Location: root directory

PostPosted: Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am very disappointed seeing this on here.

Every help is more than appreaciated. At the same time in all production-forums should be some more proffessionality. I can not read all posts anymore as it is just getting to much. Therefore our moderators are a core-value of this community and need to get respected.

Hey guys, we are pulling on the same rope.
_________________
Want to say thank you. Use my Amazon Wishlist
Meet the world on movie-on.com
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    phpbb-auction.com Forum Index -> Feature Request All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


phpbb-auction.com - Developed by www.digital-media-lab.com
Sponsored by: www.globibo.com - www.learn2go.de - www.talentone.org - www.language-school.in - www.ping-ke.cn