FAQFAQ
SearchSearch
UsergroupsUsergroups
RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile

Forum
Changing start time auctions
Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:33 am FR
Easy: what code to use to update sql table?
Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:39 am guyb
Unlimited products(downloads)
Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:09 pm hoimyr
Seller chooses currency
Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:00 pm hoimyr
Cant select end date without getting error
Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:43 pm hoimyr

About
Author: FR
Credits:
Brookfresh, Brad Lawryk, Crogon, DaMysterious, EklipzeDesigns, ML, musashi, phpBB Group, phpBB-Auction-Team, php-styles, sanman, Tel, Vampy, wGEric

Supported Sites

Statistics
User: 18058
Latest User: BardykGyday

Sofortkaufen Funktion - Just Buy Direct

Post new topic   Reply to topic    phpbb-auction.com Forum Index -> Feature Request
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Funktion nur "Sofortkaufen"
Ja
100%
 100%  [ 7 ]
Nein
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 7

Eclipse16V
Small-Cap Auctioneer
Small-Cap Auctioneer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 12, 2004 11:16 am    Post subject: Sofortkaufen Funktion - Just Buy Direct Reply with quote

Wollte jetzt noch mal hier fragen wie es aussieht bei der nächsten Version es so zu machen das man wenn man eine Auktion startet man auch nur die Funktion "Sofortkaufen" wählen kann. Derzeit ist es ja so das wenn man nur den "Sofortkauf" Betrag eingibt, automatisch ein Startgebot von 1 Euro hinzugefügt wird. Hätte es aber gerne so das wenn nur "Sofortkaufen" gewählt wird auch nur "Sofortkaufen" möglich ist.
Crogon

Location: Anywhere I'm needed.. which is usually everywhere. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 2:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uh.. What?
FR
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crogon wrote:
Uh.. What?

request is for just buynows.
right now just both is possible (auction + buynow) - he requests just to use one.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Jennifer
Mid-Cap Auctioneer
Mid-Cap Auctioneer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, so you can't have a buy-it-now with no bidding!? I misunderstood FR's answer to this in this thread.

I'd love to see a buy-it-now (aka direct sell) option with NO BIDDING allowed. In fact, my plans for phpBB-auction rely solely on this feature. Crying or Very sad

Any way to mimick this? Otherwise its back to the drawing board for me...
Eclipse16V
Small-Cap Auctioneer
Small-Cap Auctioneer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2004 3:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One wanted to ask here once again now it looks like it at the next version so to do this if one starts an auction one also can choose only the function "buy-it-now". Yes, at present it is this so if one amount enters only the "buy-it-now", a start commandment of 1 euro is added automatically. However, it would like this so if is "buy-it-now" is only voted also only possibly for "buy-it-now".

Sorry for this bad English, I´m German Rolling Eyes
Jennifer
Mid-Cap Auctioneer
Mid-Cap Auctioneer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FR or moderator,

would you add an English translation to this topic's subject?
FR
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jennifer wrote:
FR or moderator,

would you add an English translation to this topic's subject?

FR wrote:
Crogon wrote:
Uh.. What?

request is for just buynows.
right now just both is possible (auction + buynow) - he requests just to use one.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Jennifer
Mid-Cap Auctioneer
Mid-Cap Auctioneer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, now how about translating the subject (Sofortkaufen Funktion)? Wink

That way when visitors are browsing the Feature Request forum, they will know what this thread is about (and maybe be more inclined to read it and cast a vote).

Thanks FR!
FR
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jennifer wrote:
Great, now how about translating the subject (Sofortkaufen Funktion)? Wink

That way when visitors are browsing the Feature Request forum, they will know what this thread is about (and maybe be more inclined to read it and cast a vote).

Thanks FR!

as you wished...
Very Happy
Crogon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 11:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

<snickers in the background>

I think we're going to need a whole section in the acp on setting up bidding styles to keep everybody happy. Either that or each seperate bidding style of auction would need to be delegated to a mod. Either way, that's going to be a fair piece of work, I think we need a grand-pubah ruling from FR on how he wants to deal with all of these 'auction bidding style' requests.

This however, I imagine, would be fiarly easy to implement on it's own. Of course all of them would be easy, on their own. At this point I think it's a matter of setting a standard for changing the auction type, and sticking with it. Smile

I would like to see this one implemented as soon as posible, at any rate, because it would go hand in hand with the shopping cart page idea. Very Happy
FR
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crogon wrote:
<snickers in the background>

I think we're going to need a whole section in the acp on setting up bidding styles to keep everybody happy. Either that or each seperate bidding style of auction would need to be delegated to a mod. Either way, that's going to be a fair piece of work, I think we need a grand-pubah ruling from FR on how he wants to deal with all of these 'auction bidding style' requests.

This however, I imagine, would be fiarly easy to implement on it's own. Of course all of them would be easy, on their own. At this point I think it's a matter of setting a standard for changing the auction type, and sticking with it. Smile

I would like to see this one implemented as soon as posible, at any rate, because it would go hand in hand with the shopping cart page idea. Very Happy

other auction-system really seperate their platforms on all those different auction-types. the one i know charges you around 800 €/$ per package (one for reveres, one time for user-stores, one usal auctions).
i want to keep the package together, but if it is not efficient we just have to split it off as a mod.

i already wanted to start the reverse-auction request but i dont understand how we want to organize it (a special auction-room for it, do we safe all offers, many questions...)

btw. please consider that i have started coding that user-store mod.
Crogon

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FR wrote:
i want to keep the package together, but if it is not efficient we just have to split it off as a mod.

After careful thought, I think we should let the auction creator pick these options, not add them into the acp:

1) High bidder wins - Show highet offer
Low bidder wins - Show lowest offer
Seller picks winner - Show all offers

Note: If Show all offers is selected, Seller should be able to select the default currency or 'Text' as the currency, and have a text box 250 chars for the bid amount.

2) Show comments section
No comments section

Note: comment section should be seperate, in the form the gaming site uses, NOT the way the job bidding site uses it.

In case the site admin wants to limit the types of auctions that the auctioneer can select from, we could consider adding a toggle in the acp, which would let the site admin pick which options the auctioneer can choose from.

FR wrote:
i already wanted to start the reverse-auction request but i dont understand how we want to organize it (a special auction-room for it, do we safe all offers, many questions...)

Special auction room - nope. as you see on the gaming site, currency and barter auctions mingle in the same categories, or auction rooms. This would work well with sub-categories however, and the site admin could develop auction rooms specifically for the reverse auctions, but I don't think it would be necessary to add the function to force people to add reverse-auctions to a certain auction-room. I suppose since we're piling options into the ACP anyway, that that could be added as an option though.

Save all offers - yes, that option should be added, especially with text offers. As you can see in the gaming site, barter offers get to be quite complex. While the bidder may think that a bid of 3 pigs and 2 chickens is better than a bid of 2 pigs and 3 chickens, it just might so happen that the seller NEEDS 3 chickens. Wink

FR wrote:
btw. please consider that i have started coding that user-store mod.

Yes, and I couldn't be happier about that! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

None the less, don't count this as a final list, but I believe if the project was started in this manner, it would allow us to add any auction types down the road that I may have missed. As an example, I am sure that sooner or later someone will request the option to select High bid wins - show all offers. Razz

There could be an endless number of auction types, but this should get us started down the road, and keep everybody happy. Smile

Edit: Oh yeah, don't forget the option to have the option to set the auction 'Buy Now' only. Wink

This would integrate nicely with the show all offers feature, and the auction does NOT automatically close after a buy now offer. This would allow people to sell say.. 10 apple trees, to different people. Smile

Perhaps:
Buy Now only - close auction on first bid
Buy Now only - do not close auction - show all bids.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    phpbb-auction.com Forum Index -> Feature Request All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: