FAQFAQ
SearchSearch
UsergroupsUsergroups
RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile

Forum
Changing start time auctions
Sun Feb 07, 2010 4:33 am FR
Easy: what code to use to update sql table?
Fri Oct 16, 2009 8:39 am guyb
Unlimited products(downloads)
Wed Oct 14, 2009 7:09 pm hoimyr
Seller chooses currency
Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:00 pm hoimyr
Cant select end date without getting error
Sun Oct 11, 2009 6:43 pm hoimyr

About
Author: FR
Credits:
Brookfresh, Brad Lawryk, Crogon, DaMysterious, EklipzeDesigns, ML, musashi, phpBB Group, phpBB-Auction-Team, php-styles, sanman, Tel, Vampy, wGEric

Supported Sites

Statistics
User: 18058
Latest User: BardykGyday

Auction Countdown Pop-up Window..

Post new topic   Reply to topic    phpbb-auction.com Forum Index -> Feature Request
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Have a Pop Up Auction Watch Box
yes
80%
 80%  [ 4 ]
no
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

burento
Mid-Cap Auctioneer
Mid-Cap Auctioneer

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2005 11:20 pm    Post subject: Auction Countdown Pop-up Window.. Reply with quote

We need to look at having a count down pop up.. It is something i noticed my wife using alot on Yahoo Auctions. You can click a watch auction button and it opens a small popup window that shows the current bid and the time till auction finishes and refreshes like every min.

This would be alot better than having to push refresh for the whole page.

Be nice if it could go further and have a bid box so if it shows you are outbid you could enter the bid and all from the small popup.. Not sure of the limitations but i think it would be a good feature.
frold
Super Auctioneer
Super Auctioneer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

personal I hate pop-ups and thats why I use a popup killer!
Kiss News
Super Auctioneer
Super Auctioneer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2005 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a real live countdown ticker would be awesome! Not sure if it's possible to include it without a pop up, you can have the countdown ticker already shown on the auction page, otherwise a pop up would be fine for the people who want this feature (you don't have to use it)... so I support this request.
Crogon

Location: Anywhere I'm needed.. which is usually everywhere. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright bear with me.. Does anyone remember the @home email assistant, which later became the Excite email assistant?

It was a tiny little applet, which attached to the side of your screen somewhere, or set in the taskbar quietly.. until you received new email. Then it would slide out and announce that you have a new email (or pop up the notice if it was in the taskbar). Then it would quietly disappear and leave a flashing icon to let you know that it needed attention.

Is anyone's mouth watering yet? An applet like that for phpbb-auction would ROCK! Way more advanced than a stupid pop-up, and we could set it up to display outbid notices. Smile

I don't think we really need a bid entry field. First off we would be asking a pop-up to carry secure packets, and I'm just not sure if that's a very good idea. I think that a link to the auction that the outbid notice has come from would be enough.. perhaps a list of outbid notices or some such.

That's it!! we could set it up to monitor outbid notices sent to the users email account, and snag the appropriate auction title and link from the outbid notice. Very Happy That way, it could not only monitor one phpbb-auction auction site, but all of them. Very Happy Suh-weet!!!

Of course, each auction site would need to post how often they check to send outbid notices, and the end user would need to take into consideration how often their email application pulls email. Perhaps we could implement an 'auction ending in one hour' notice to be sent out by email as well, and pull those up in the applet. Smile

On the downside, this would probably take quite a bit of coding to implement. I would like to see news feeds and some other things implemented before we spent a lot of time on this one. This one needs to stay on the list though, it's definitely a good idea. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    phpbb-auction.com Forum Index -> Feature Request All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: